Friday, September 18, 2015

Old?

At some point, I'm not sure exactly when it happened, I became old. I think. I'm 39. That doesn't seem old, really. Right? Oprah says 40 is the new 30 and if Oprah says it, it must be true. So. I'm young. Yes?

I don't really feel old, per se. Well, I feel old the morning after.

Went to Costco today after work, kid pick up, cleaned out the fridge, made dinner, went for a run (5M), watched cartoons with the kids (Phineaus and Ferb are making a title sequence!).

In bed at 9:30. On a Friday. Exhausted. Now, in my defense, that is a lot of stuff. But a few years ago I would have done that stuff, met up with some friends and stayed out late. Would have crawled into bed giggling and smelling (reeking) of bourbon.

All I could think about tonight was how I need to get up early and have a big list of stuff to get done this weekend and how it's better to go to bed early than be miserable and tired for days...

Perhaps that's a sign of maturity? Mature sounds better than old. Except when I hear about 'mature men' on dating sites - then that's code for 'old'. Just like houses listed with 'easy freeway access' equals 'under an overpass'.

I did spend an hour watching cartoons today so that should count for something. And, I'll watch some in the morning. It'll be Saturday after all. Looney Tunes is on.

Maybe I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment