Sunday, September 11, 2016

Charts and graphs

I'm a bit of a nerd. Never really denied that. But, also fought it a bit too. I mean, who wants to be a nerd? Especially when I was growing up... In the 80's and 90's. Being a nerd wasn't a good thing. Now, well, now, nerds kind of rule the world. So, there.

I like writing. A lot. Being a full time writer would be a fantastic thing. Doesn't pay as well as the nerd thing does. At least the things I want to write. If I could bring myself to write about teenage angst and vampires... I hear that pays pretty well. But, alas, I cannot.

I like shiny stuff. And, I like solving problems - that's why I love my job. I get to solve problems all day. Plus look at charts and graphs. And, oh my God, trends. Numbers are sexy. Super sexy. Winning.

I'm not really a blogger, more of a story teller. I just use a blogging platform because it's easy to share. A true blogger writes multiple posts a day (not 30 a year), has hundreds of thousands of followers and makes a living. I have one follower. One. (And, no, it's not my mom!) The most hits I've ever gotten on one post is 216. I average around 80. Number of hits is directly related to time of day posted. And day of the week. My trouble is that I get so excited to share I post as soon as I'm done writing rather than waiting for the 'perfect' time. Trends be damned!

The added bonus of using a blogging platform to share stories?

Um, charts and graphs.



2 comments:

  1. Your posts make me laugh or cry. Or both! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You of course have more than one follower. Something is wrong with your charts and graphs! (^_~)

    ReplyDelete