Thursday, November 3, 2016

100th times a charm!

Well, this is it. My 100th post. And, guess what? I have nothing to say.

Not literally. I generally have something to say... but, it's the height of the election season. I don't write blogs about politics which removes a lot of material...

I've had a bitch of a cold for the last week. I've barely left the house. For someone who tends to write observational stories, being stuck in the house for four days is a total downer. Not only stuck in the house but yesterday I accidentally took a four hour nap. I must have needed it but was totally shocked when I looked over at the clock and it was 1:27...

I took an actual sick day today. Normally when I'm sick, I still call in to meetings and respond to emails but this morning, when I could barely pick up my head I thought a sick day was in order.

So, I sat with the television on. All day. While texting a number of friends. Sorry friends... I was bored...

Watched a lot of news, finished up Stranger Things on Netflix. Pretty good show. Sort of weird to see a cast of average to homely looking people. I think they are actually made to look homely... It's set in 1983 and looks just like a lot of my old family photos. We've all gotten better looking with time. Although, I'm guessing that in 30 years, we'll look back at photos and shows from now and think, 'wow, we had terrible taste, we look so much better now!'

I do have some high hopes for the future now that I've watched that series and spent some time remembering my childhood home.

So much nope. 
1) That appliances are never again avocado green or harvest gold.
2) That carpet remains neutral. There is no need to have an orange floor. Especially one that is shaggy. Who thought that was a good idea? Don't even get me started on carpet on walls...
3) Wood paneling should be banished forever.
4) Couches do not need to be adorned with velvety wagon wheels.
5) Wall paper need not have velvet nor foil.
6) The waist of the jeans shouldn't touch your bra.
7) The ankle of the jean not be as big as the waist.
8) Ruffles should not be required on the shirt collar.
9) The frames of glasses should be less than 25% of the face.
10) Perms on men. I'd like to say comb-overs but I still see those from time to time. Especially on orange people.

I'm sure there are more. Many, many more... but, that's enough for now... and not really how I thought my 100th post would go... I guess I imagined it as something profound and thoughtful.

No, seriously.





No comments:

Post a Comment