Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The snack that smiles back...

So, yeah, I've written a number of times about my love of television. My memorization of advertisements. I can't help it. The jingles - they stick. I'm not sure that they prompt me to buy any particular thing, but I sure do sing along to a lot of them.

Rocket to heaven?
Tonight, while watching the news, I was horrified to see an ad from a company called Tomcat. Tomcat is a mouse killing product. Tomcat is apparently so great they 'send mice on rockets to heaven'. Yep. True. According to their ad. I'm not sure who the marketing genius was on this one. But, I personally, don't want to send mice on rocket ships to heaven. In fact, if heaven is real, I'd like to think there are no mice there... but, I digress.

Any way, it gave me that sickening feeling. Seeing the little stuffed mouse with X's on it's eyes, strapped to a rocket that explodes. A little too much imagery for me... And, side note - it exploded way before heaven...

It reminded me of the old Goldfish ad. It had a catchy tune.

The snack that smiles back... oh, what a catchy song.... until you bite its head off.

WHATTHEHELL?

I don't want to think of the goldfish smiles as I'm throwing them by the handful into my face. These are not things I want to think about. Not that I'm apposed to mouse killing - I've done it. Lots of them. Snapped their little necks with the classic trap. Tossed them into the trash. No rockets to anywhere. But, still... don't want to see it on my television. With a CATchy song.





No comments:

Post a Comment