Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Whole New Year

Well, a new year has started. Here we are. 2015.

I can find competition in anything. But, beat last year? That's going to be tough. A new job, new adventures, some clarity, questions answered, spirit expanded.

Not everything was perfection. There were some trials. But balanced with lessons learned and appreciation and I'm wrapping up 2014 as a solid year.

I'm not a fan of the New Years resolution. Not really anyway. Why wait to start what you want to do? Change your life but wait until January? And then give up by February. No thanks.

Instead of a resolution I'm just going to have some goals, a to do list, if you will. God, I do love a to do list. Love. Love. Love.

Other than new things for work, I haven't learned anything new, for fun, in awhile. 

So, first up - tap dance classes. When I was 10 I was forced to take tap. I hated it. It's a series of posts all in its own. Another day maybe. But, now at 38, I'm excited. With one class down, it's pretty clear that I'm a star.

Next, ukulele lessons. Because, why not?

After that? Not sure. I'm assuming I'll hit the professional tap dancing ukulele playing circuit for some amount of time. I hear it pays well.

We can laugh about the scarf. Now.
I've got a redo on some knitting lessons. Not that the lessons were bad but this student failed. I'll be attempting that one again. Probably again and again.

Other than learning some new stuff, I've got some other goals too.

I shed some weight in 2014. I won't be writing about it. But, a big part of it was starting to run again. So, for 2015, a 10k a month. 100 days of miles between January 1 and April 30 and 1000 miles for the year. And maybe a 1/2 marathon if I can fit the training time in. 

What else? Well, there's some organizational stuff to do. Legal documents that need to be updated, close out some accounts, pay off some bills. Finish off the house projects. Just kidding, those go to 2075. On my 99th birthday we'll celebrate the house finally being 'done'.

I do plan on spending some time not doing anything. This will be the hardest goal, resolution, dream, etc I've ever had. Doing nothing is something I really suck at. 

Lastly, write more, write more, write more. 

Maybe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment