Thursday, January 18, 2018

First Date

No, not my first date.

Shelby's.

Poor dog. This really stems from the kids. They want puppies. Not to keep. I've been very clear. There will be no puppies kept. Really.

A personal ad placed.

Single. Height/Weight proportionate. Devoted to her family. Looking for the same in a mate.

Contacts came in. An attractive doggie. We set the time.

He no-showed.

I don't know who this dog thinks he is but to stand up my little girl? He is a cad of the highest order.

And so, another date was set. With the dog of a friend. A back up date, so to speak. Sort of a 'sorry you got stood up... He's cute and has a nice personality. My friend's kid... you'll love him!'

They sniffed.

They ran around in the yard.

They played ball.

Typical first date stuff.

I locked them in the kennel together. Horrified by what was going to happen.

Barry White playing. Glass of red wine. For me.

Turns out that I didn't need to be stressed. They never figured it out. After a sleep over and two days, she firmly parked him in the friend zone.

No amount of his charm was going to win her over. Any time he got near her, she sat down and looked at him like he was crazy.

She's a working girl with a family to care for.

She has no time for shenanigans and teen pregnancy.



SB/WF Looking for Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment