Friday, January 5, 2018

The Let Down

Christmas is over. Today is the official twelfth day; although I don't observe the twelve days. (Tomorrow is Epiphany; I haven't forgotten everything from Sunday school.) I'm a Saturday after Thanksgiving to before New Years Eve person. I love taking it down nearly as much as I love putting it up. I love the over decorated Christmas time and then feel relief when everything is back in it's place.

It's time to take the tree down, wrap up the decorations and pack it all away for another eleven months or so.

I love Christmas. Love. Love. Love. The fourth quarter is really where I am the most happy. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Lots of time to spend with my favorite people. Lots of eating. Lots of movies. Lots of naps.

All good things, in my book.

And now, now, I'm in the hang over. The let down. That day after Christmas thing... it lasts a bit longer than just the day after... It's especially heavy this year because it was a fantastic season with a lot of fun.

I've finished up the last of the Starbucks Christmas Blend and stirred in the last of the peppermint creamer.

Made eggnog french toast. Visited friends. Drank too much. Carefully wrapped up the ornaments and decorations I've had forever. Got a little misty over a couple. Allegedly.

It'll be awhile until I'm staying up late watching movies and sleeping in on weekdays and wearing pajamas all day whilst wandering around with a coffee nudge in my hand.

Well, not a terribly long time for the coffee nudge part...


No comments:

Post a Comment